Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Facebook

I'm back to have a look at 23 things. Today's adventure was Facebook. I've heard about it, of course, but hadn't ventured there because 1. who needs another time-sucking vortex? and 2. I didn't think I was within its target age range.

I've created a simple profile and joined the Swinburne network. I have an AIM account, so I allowed Facebook to connect and find some of the overseas writers I occasionally chat with. They've been kind enough to friend me back, so I guess that is mission accomplished. I posted a quick hello to the message wall as well. Can't see this replacing my livejournal.

I tried to search for a library group - found plenty of special interest groups for students who hung around in libraries together and a few more professional groupings.

Given that I am Endnote-obsessed at the moment, I did a last-minute search on Endnote. I found a couple of training events listed for Regents Center Library, KU Edwards Campus, so that might be one way to use Facebook professionally.

No comments: