Monday, December 3, 2007

With the Endnote for Mac notes finished in first draft, I have a few moments to play with 23 Things again. Today I puttered around in LibraryThing. Like many of the tools recommended in this program, I can see it easily sucking up a huge amount of time. I've played with cataloguing my personal collection, but one look at the swaying double-stacked shelves in my office daunts even a professional Endnote trainer. I can see that LibraryThing could take a lot of the pain out of the process and help me find others with similar reading and researching interests.

I've added a few writing books and personal favorites to my LibraryThing catalogue at http://www.librarything.com/catalog/Melinda_Goodin and may revisit it at some other time. I'm almost afraid to, in truth :}

1 comment:

Sara Jervis said...

Melinda,

I wish to pass on a compliment to you and your Endnote course. I was liaising with a colleague and he volunteered how much he learnt from your course and he was very impressed with your presentation.

The conversation slipped into references generally and then into tea making as in Who is a Mif* and who is a Tif**? I cannot recall if there was a segue into a cup of tea but it was a hot day.

We also talked about short stories when I revealed that sometimes I find a short story in nearly everything I see and observe - such as the esoteric issues covered in this comment.
* Milk in first
**Tea in first