Friday, January 11, 2008

del.icio.us

I did a search for multiple personalities, a condition I've researched in the past for a novel. I'm aware that the current terminology for the condition is dissociative identity disorder, but I wondered what I would find. Most of the del.icio.us (those periods are a pest!) links were about managing multiple online personalities and all the associated passwords, which I found very amusing indeed.

The few terms I picked didn't seem to be popular. Wonder what would have happened if I looked up a pop-star?

In the end I looked up a favorite speculative fiction author and found some useful links.

I can see how this could lead you to contact with other people who share your interests, and that you could gather your bookmarks if you travel between sites/computers, but am not sure how it would be relevant in terms of libraries presenting information/relevence to students. Perhaps as an alternative to our subject starter pages? With students able to add other items they find of use?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankfully the full stops are vanishing in the next build. I think they alone have stopped me getting enthused about delicious!