Friday, March 7, 2008

Poddling along in the last gasping moments

I chose Podcast Alley as my provider, but was not able to download the aggregate software to my home computer. Instead I went directly to the blogtalkradio.com website and did a direct RSS feed to my Yahoo feed reader.
Or at least I thought I did. Although the feed was added to my Yahoo personal page, the screen was blue and I couldn't click on the links. When I tried to reload the page, the feed wasn't there. Not quite dummy proof.
I did in the end manage to download a podcast from
www.blogtalkradio.com/flylady/feed
I've found the Flylady site useful in trying to instill some calm into my chaotic home and thought it would be fun to listen to a podcast.

I also listened to an Enough Rope podcast of Andrew Denton interviewing Philip Nitschke
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/audio/ep157/PHILIPNITSCHKE.mp3

I can see how this could be useed in library settings. You could do audio tours of the library (with supplied mp3 players.)

No comments: